Wednesday, June 23, 2010

06/17/10 THU.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing - George Bernard Shaw

I wasn't a girl who was active and playful. I was shy when I needed to lead a group or stand on a stage in front of many people. I was afraid of making mistakes. I didn't want to feel sham by making mistakes in front of people. It didn't matter if I had known the people or not. The most stupid mistake I made was hiding myself and doing nothing. I wasn't growing up inside, spiritually. Becuase, I lacked experience. However, I didn't make shameful mistakes either. On the other had, I had a friend who went to the same high school with me. Her grades in school were not good, so she couldn't enter universities where she wanted to go. However, she was a very passionate and active person, always trying to do new challenging things. To enter the university, she chose her major first, fashion design. Sh prepared for the interview., eventhough there was a narrow possibility to pass it. If it were me, I wouldn't have done that. She did and passed! She went on to show up on a cable television show as a designer right after graduation of college in which specialized in Art.
Now, she is preparing for another challenge: studying abroad. She can't speak English well, not only speaking but also every session in using English. However, she isn't afraid of anything, I mean making mistakes. When we were in high school, we were bestfriends. However, I couldn't get any motivation by seeing her, because I did always better than her in grades, in English and in common knowledge. However, she as developed her abilities as a designer, whereas I'm still a student. She earns money, and I still get money from my parents. She is extending ehr career area and I didn't even start my career. I get depressed when comparing myself to her. W are still bestfriends, and now I also get motivation from her. However, It feels like she is growing with her power engine and I'm stuck in my fear of making mistakes. It is like a life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing by George Bernard Shaw. She must has learned something by making mistakes and that give her a power engine to grow up, be a more stronger person. From now on. I need to move on. From a shy girl to a passionate and active person by not worrying of making mistakes.




AND THE EXAGGERATED PART IS that I was a shy girl back in few years.
I've never been a shy girl in my life. . . . .

SORRY >_<


No comments:

Post a Comment