Wednesday, June 9, 2010

After reading the article

I read the article. The title of this is 'The problem with human compassion'
According to this article, people are usually feel sorry, sad, terrible, horrify and angry when they hear the 'ONE PERSON's miserable situation more than the 'PEOPLE's miserable situation.
It sounds weird because there are lots of stuff to worry or feel sympathy for many people's miserable situation more than only one person's miserable situation.

In my case, I think it is because we can more concentrate on the person who work through very hard time and also we can bring ourselves into that person's situation more easily than people's situation.

In Korea, in these days, the hot topic is about the rapist who raped only 7 year-old girl and I feel serious bad about it. I couldn't stand this guy I feel anger deeply in my heart. And I thought.
WHAT IF IT WAS NOT A GIRL BUT A LOT OF GIRLS.
If It was not a girl but a lot of girls, then it would be kind of abstrative news to me so that I might can not fully understandable and bring my self into those girls because they are so abstrative.

Therefore, I think people usually care of smaller groups or units because they can easily concentrate on them and they can put their mind into them so they can feel sympathy.

2 comments:

  1. this is exactly what i ve been thinking
    is that people always focus on the small numbers
    they usually see one person as a single name , single life so they feel sympathic about them
    your blog is realy cute keep writting ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Good article!

    ReplyDelete